· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 cup red, green and yellow bell pepper chopped and measured after chopping
· 2 cups baby spinach - roughly chopped measured/packed before chopping
· 1 cup mushrooms measured before chopping
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· salt to taste
· 4 whole eggs
· 4 egg whites
· hot sauce optional for drizzling on top!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a standard 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
4. Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper, and onion and sauté 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
5. Add in spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
6. In the last 30 seconds, add in minced garlic.
7. Season with salt and remove from heat.
8. Crack eggs/egg whites into a large 4 cup measuring cup and whisk together.
9. Stir in cooked veggies.
10. Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan.
11. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
12. Cool slightly and serve immediately!
13. Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
14. These may also be frozen.
15. To reheat, pop them in the microwave until warm.