· 1 ½ Lb. boneless pork loin, cut into 1-to 2 -inch cubes;
· 1 green apple cut into 1-inch cubes, (skin on);
· 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes;
· The juice from 1 medium sized orange;
· 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
· 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar;
· 4 garlic cloves, smashed;
· ¼ cup raw honey; (optional)
· Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
· 6-7 Bamboo skewers;
Directions: In a non-metallic container, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, garlic, and honey (if using any).
Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper. Add the pork cubes to the marinade, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Once the meat has finished marinating, heat up the BBQ to medium-high.
Skewer the meat with the green apples and the onions. Try to place the meat between the onion and the apple to give it extra flavor.
Season the skewers to taste with sea salt and black pepper, and place on the grill.
Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes (a total of 12-16 minutes). Serve with a light summer salad